So it marinaded for 2 nights....maybe THAT was the secret! I used a chuck roast from Yonder Way Farm and it was fabulous! I'll stop gabbing on and on and just post the recipe so you can make it for your family! This is great weather for it! Ok...here it is!
Marie's Easy Slow Cooker Pot Raost
- 4 pounds chuck roast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix (I used Frontier brand organic b/c the other brands have MSG as a main ingredient and it's yucky! Check your local health food store, they can hook you up!)
- 1 cup water (I used veggie broth - would have used beef but didn't have any)
- 1/4 c Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed (I used a combo of sweet and red potatoes)
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- Take the chuck roast and season with salt and pepper to taste. Brown on all sides in a large skillet over high heat.
- Place in the slow cooker. Place carrots, onion, potatoes and celery on top. Combine soup mix, water/broth, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic in small bowl or measuring cup, mix well and pour over meat and veggies.
- Cover and put in refridgerator for a night or two. Cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours. The meat falls off the bone! It's so yummy!