Friday, February 5, 2010

Yummy pancakes

(this is not a picture of the pancakes from the pancake recipe below. the ones in this recipe are so fluffy, it's crazy.)


I am in love with these pancakes! I've always been a Bisquick user, but these pancakes put the Bisquick ones to shame.

Thought I would share this recipe today in case you want to make them for your family in the morning. Much love and raving will be the result.

For regular pancakes...

1 1/2 cup flour (I used white, but next time I'm using wheat)
3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 T sugar
1 1/4 c. milk
1 egg
3 T melted butter

Mix dry ingredients. Mix wet ingredients in separate bowl. Then mix the two together.

For our favorite kind...banana/cinnamon pancakes...

1 1/2 cup flour (I used white, but next time I'm using wheat)
3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 T Sugar
1 T Cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/4 c. milk
1 banana, mashed
3 T melted butter

Mix dry ingredients. Mix wet ingredients in separate bowl. Then mix the two together.

I times this recipe by four (I'm feeding six of us). That way we have a bunch to eat for dinner (or breakfast), plus a few mornings worth of pancakes with the leftovers.

These are the fattest, fluffiest, most divine pancakes I've ever eaten.

1 comment:

Blue Heron Farm said...

I got that same recipe from a friend on a web board I go to. I agree - best pancakes ever. And so easy it's silly to use a mix.