Friday, September 18, 2009

My menu and a few recipes!

I did my meal planning and shopping yesterday and here's what I came up with.

Dinner last night: Chicken "pot pie" with crunchy brown rice (after reading Steph's post, I remembered this recipe that I found a few months ago and wanted to try. It's SO yummy!)

Friday:
B: Bagels and cream cheese
L: Sandwiches and salad
D: Dinner with John's family

Saturday:
Brunch with John's family
Afternoon snack: Kefir Smoothie and carrot sticks
D: TLM concert series at Molijaxx so not sure if we will eat at home or out....

Sunday:
B: Breakfast tacos (Great idea, Brandi)
L: Leftovers
D: (Potluck @ church) Turkey Taco Skillet

Monday: The boys go to John's mom's house for the day
B: Quinoa Porridge (haven't tried this one yet, I'll let you know)
L: J and I eat out :)
D: Leftovers or a sandwich

Tuesday:
B: Oatmeal cereal with granola
L: Pimento cheese sanwiches (2 c. shredded sharp cheddar, 2 oz jar drained pimentos, 1 t onion, 1/4 t. red pepper, Stir all ingredients until blended)
D: Beef and Quinoa meatball Pitas with Easy Marinara Sauce (it's #6)

Wednesday:
B: Applesauce cake (it's #1)
L: PBJ, carrot sticks, applesauce cake
D: Fussy Day Chicken (#2)

Thursday:
B: Granola and Applesauce morning muffins (havent tried these yet)
L: Picnic lunch
D: Crockpot Chili and cornbread

That gets me through the week. Happy Cooking!

2 comments:

mandi said...

mmm...applesauce muffins sound GOOD!!!

Traci said...

Meal plan? I don't meal plan anymore, I just read our new blog!! I am all over the crunchy rice chicken pot pie...oh yeah..doing that one.