Thursday, September 24, 2009

Steph's Casserole Experiment

As you know, last week I made a modified version of a Paula Dean chicken and rice casserole. Happy with the result and intrigued by the possibilities, I committed to inventing my own chicken and rice casserole. Tonight, family and friends (I know...risky sharing my first original recipe with friends!) sat around my table and shared Steph's Southwestern Chicken and Rice Casserole. That's the official name.

The ingredients:
3 Cups Shredded or Cubed Cooked Chicken
1 Box Mexican-Style Rice (I used Uncle Ben's) Cooked to directions
1 Medium Onion, Diced and Saute´d in a lil' butter
1 Can Black Beans
1 Can Diced Tomatoes
1 Can Green Chiles
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
Lil' Sour Cream (I used about 4 oz)
Lil' Cheddar Cheese (Whatever suits your fancy)
Directions:
Prepare ingredients. Dump it all together. Mix 'er up and pour into a 9x13. (I sprinkled a handful of cheese into the mixture and then sprinkled a little on top...for the hubs, you know ;). Bake for 25ish minutes at 350. Done.

Final Experiment Results: POSITIVE
To be honest, Casey ate the original casserole, but was definitely not encouraging me to make it again. I really liked it, but apparently, I was the only one. But as for Steph's Southwestern Chicken and Rice Casserole, he really enjoyed it and has approved it for regular meal rotation. YEA!

This was so fun and I really loved the final result. I served with salad, chips and homemade guac.

From Steph's kitchen to yurs...
Paula...you better look out, baby!

No comments: