Friday, October 9, 2009

This one is for you Traci!

I am a little late posting my Beef Stew Recipe for you but thought I would anyway. (Lynsey's sounds fabulous!) I first made this when I was pregnant with Jay. It was the first meal that I was able to keep down and really enjoy during my first trimester.

Beef Stew
2 lb beef chuck or stew meat
1/4 c flour
1 t salt
1/2 t pepper
1 1/2 c beef broth
1 t Worcestershire sauce
1 garlic clove, minced
1 bay leaf
1 t paprika
4 carrots, sliced
3 potatoes, diced
2 onions, chopped (don't think I did that much oinion)
1 stalk celery, sliced

Place meat in crock pot. Mix flour, salt, and pepper and pour over meat; stir to coat meat with flour. Add remaining ingredients and stir to mix well. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or high for 4-6 hours. Enjoy!

No comments: